TRB500 internal modem

Dear Sir/Madam,
I came here looking for an update to my beta modem firmware as I recently have got extremely slow performance from the unit.
I read the article fatal modem error on trb500

This article pointed to article modem update
I followed the instructions on that and successfully updated my r12a05 beta firmware on the internal modem to the correct version showed back in this September 2023 article.

I wonder why the modem firmware is not available to download from the official Teltonika links and has to be from these authorised passworded links?

Secondly the article says the internal modem firmware after the update should be RG501QEUAAR12A08 M4G_04.200.04.200.
Mine after update:
RG501QEUAAR12A08M4G_04.200.00.000
but mine has the last 5 digits different.
So it updated from A05 to A08.
I assume as the MD5 checksum matched and the procedure worked to the point it is now connecting fine, that the last 5 -6 digitis of the modem version are insignificant.

Yours sincerely Mr James D

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

That is okay, this is just a different release version for the modem firmware, but the issue is addressed within both of them. R12A08 is the most significant part.

TRB500 case is different, as it does not have a mechanism to update the modem using the System → Firmware menu. Usually modem updates are provided via this menu. Since this is a one-off case, the firmware will not be uploaded to our Wiki.
Modem updates are only needed in case any issues arise, and they are not meant for improving the performance of the internal modem.
In case you need any further assistance, please contact us by filling out the Contact form here: Teltonika Networks - LTE Routers, Gateways & Modems for IoT

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.