What is the maximum data I can store in modbus_db?

Does the data always write to /tmp/modbus_db every second? I can see the data in increamental every second, but im worried about the space, i have 256MB RAM, 512 MB flash, how many data should it can store ? can give it some configure to forget previous data?

What I mean is: can i set the limit sapce of sqlite.db file by regularly clean it when it reach a size in MB?

Or control the data write to that sqlite.db, currently it’s every 1st per write to record, then i want 1min per write to record.

Hello,

On the latest RutOS version, the maximum Modbus database size is 1.2MB. However, this is dependant on the service, and other protocols could have a different size limit.
The database is kept this small in order to avoid any instances where the device could run out of memory.

Best regards,

I have enough FLASH space, and how can I config to get 5MB as it’s maximum storage?

Hello,

Currently, there is no way to change the location where the database is being stored.
I’d suggest either copying the existing database every x amount of time, or creating a new database and reading the Modbus data manually using the commands described here:

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.