TRB500 5G NSA Problems

Hey!

First, a bit of backstory if you want to read it:

Backstory For an year now, I have had some problems with my TRB500 with 5G NSA (still though, 4G is very stable)

Basically always, my device just would not connect to the “5G” network, which is weird.

We posted this on the old forum, and even got my ISP on the call and got an update that the “7.5” version would fix this…

Maybe around 6 months later, I asked again; could not get it to work even then.
So… here I am asking again!

My internet service provider is Elisa, from what I know, they seem to use 5G NSA, With the newest firmware; I have managed to connect the device like 3 times to 5G NSA but it goes away in like 5 seconds, it’s weird? This is why I posted this!

So, what should I do? Would be very kind of you to get this working finally! :sweat_smile:

$ gsmctl -A 'AT+QCAINFO'
+QCAINFO: "PCC",6400,50,"LTE BAND 20",1,86,-64,-11,-35,8
+QCAINFO: "SCC",1825,100,"LTE BAND 3",2,50,-71,-10,-42,6

Here is the output of the gsmctl -A 'AT+QCAINFO' if needed.

Note: This is when locked to 4G, it’s the exact same as on 3G+4G+5G!

Hello,

Could you provide a link to the old forum post? Perhaps it will provide some context on what sort of issue you’re dealing with.
If there is a cell tower close to you that only supports LTE B20 + B3, then the situation would make sense, as the device connects to a cell tower closer to it.
Additionally, could you try switching the network mode from 4G-only → 3G/4G/5G Auto, and as the changes are applied observe the Status → Network → Mobile page. If the device (even briefly) connects to 5G, check which band is the primary when the 5G band shows up. This band can then be whitelisted according to this article: Band Lock - Teltonika Networks Wiki and assuming this band is only available on the cell tower where 5G is installed, the device should continue using 5G.

Best regards,

First, here is the old forums post: 5G is not working on TRB500 - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks

Here is an also a screenshot of the band showing up briefly:

The band seems to be the same one as on 4G? Like now, there is no “other band”, it just flips 4G and 5G but without the band changing?

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.