RUT950 dropping LAN clients

We have been using RUT950 routers for quite some time, without any major issues. A few months ago we decided to upgrade to the latest firmware (07.06) and since then after a while all connected devices (up till 4 per router, all LAN connected) get disconnected from the internet, while the router itself still has internet connection and we can remotely login on the router. When we reboot, everything works fie again. This happens again after 5 up to 20 or so days. Any ideas why this happens. It’s on all 4 RUT950’s we’ve updated.

1 Like

Hello,

This looks like a complex issue and more information will be needed to determine the root cause of this issue, so we’ll need the troubleshoot file. Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Best regards,

Where can I find the Community support form ticket ID, which I need to fill out the form?

1 Like

Hello,

The ticket ID should be at the end of the thread URL.

2024-04-23-09-26-01-RUT950 dropping LAN clients - Teltonika Networks - Teltonika Community — Mozilla

Best regards,

Hello,

Based on the troubleshoot file, it seems like there isn’t an issue with LAN clients being dropped.

I noticed you have ping reboot configured. Is this meant to address the problem? If not, have you tried assigning static IPs to devices in the DHCP settings?

Also, have you considered downgrading your firmware to see if this is simply a firmware issue?

Best regards,

Hi Marijus,

Let me rephrase then: The LAN clients are still connected to the router, but they don’t have internet access any more, while the router is still reachable over the internet. A reboot resolves the issue.

Ping reboot is to make sure the router reboots if the internet connection fails, but this doesn’t happen a lot.

Both connected LAN clients already have a static IP.

We didn’t try downgrading yet, since this is means a major downgrade and I’ve tried that once and all got messed up and we had to go on-site. I’ve currently also setup a similar configuration in the office and once that fails, we will try a downgrade to v06.09.5. We upgraded from 06.09.5 to (I believe) 07.06.5 and then in steps to current 07.06.10.

Topic 5454 has the same issue as I have