RUT 956 - try to use a list of several NTRIP instances

Hello,

i have a RUT 956 with Firmware RUTM_R_00.07.06.3. I have created a list with several NTRIP instances:
NTRIP1 rs232
NTRIP2 rs232

If i activate NTRIP1 then I get correction data on the RS 232 interface. CLI output:
root@RUT956:~# /usr/sbin/ntrip_client -d /dev/rs232
NTRIP client starting
config.serial_device=/dev/rs232
Getting uci configuration
Enabled:[1]
ntrip_ip:[IP NTRIP1]

If i deactivate NTRIP1 and activate NTRIP2 then i get no correction data on the RS 232 interface. CLI output:
NTRIP client starting
Enabled:[0]
ntrip_ip:[IP NTRIP1]

My observation:
→ the router does not recognize the activation of NTRIP2 ?!
→ the router still checks the instance NTRIP1 ?!

If i delete NTRIP1 instance (NTRIP2 still active and now first entry in the list) then i get correction data on the RS 232 interface. CLI output:
NTRIP client starting
Enabled:[1]
ntrip_ip:[IP NTRIP2]

My assumption:
→ only the first entry in the list can be used.

My question:
Is it possible to use a list of several NTRIP instances (which all use the same interface RS232).

Remark:
The RUT 955 seems to have the same problem, see:

But i see no answer/solution.

Hello Da0, I have not re-tested this issue in recent times as working on/waiting for a solution to another NTRIP issue to be rectified (in progress) before further NTRIP testing.

This issue with multiple NTRIP instances (RUT955 as I have tested) favoring Instance#1 is same as you describe with the RUT-956, basically Instance#1 works ok, turn off Instance#1, turn on Instance#2 which fails and appears a conflict with trying to use parts of Instance#1.

Delete Instance #1 then what was originally Instance#2 works ok.

No I have not seen a response for this issue but will be raising it again once some other NTRIP issues are fixed.

Hello Mattk, thank you for your response. My workaround for this issue is that I create a list of several NTRIP instances and set them all to rs485. If I want to use now e.g. NTRIP3 then I set only that instance to rs232 and activate it:
NTRIP1 rs485
NTRIP2 rs485
NTRIP3 rs232
NTRIP4 rs485

But I hope there is (or will be soon) a better solution.

Hello Da0, Yes I can confirm that also with Instance#1 enabled working as expected regardless of the other NTRIP Instance Device settings but enable any other Instance besides #1 and NTRIP fails

The following WORKS for #1
Instance #1 Enabled RS232 Works OK
Instance #2 Disabled RS232
Instance #3 Disabled RS232

The following FAILS for #3 (same occurs if just #2 is Enabled, #2 FAILS)
Instance #1 Disabled RS232
Instance #2 Disabled RS232
Instance #3 Enabled RS232 FAILS

The following WORKS for #3
Instance #1 Disabled RS485
Instance #2 Disabled RS485
Instance #3 Enabled RS232 Works OK

Hi,

RS232 is a type of connection used to connect two devices at a time. This means only one connection is possible at any given moment. When trying to set up multiple RS232 NTRIP instances, it doesn’t work properly. However, using RS485 with adjacent enablement solves this issue, as it utilizes a different connector and can support up to 32 devices simultaneously.

Best regards,

Hello Marijus,

thank you for your response. But maybe there is a misunderstanding. I know that i can not use/activate 2 RS232 NTRIP instances at the same time. What i want to do is to create a list of several RS232 NTRIP instances (for different correction data provider) and activate only one RS232 NTRIP instance. For example:
NTRIP1 RS232 inactive
NTRIP2 RS232 inactive
NTRIP3 RS232 active
Is this possible?

I do not use the RS485 interface. The example/post with RS485 was only to show my actual workaround for the RS232 list issue.

Similar only use simple RS232 across multiple NTRIP profiles with differing mount points, if only one (1) NTRIP Instance is enabled and the remainder are disabled why should there be a conflict?