Issue with RUT200 - IMSI switch not working

Hello everyone,

I’m using a Teltonika RUT200 router with an emnify multi operator SIM, and I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with switching to the German Telekom network. The SIM is multi-IMSI with 29505xxxx as the primary IMSI and 90413xxx as secondary. According to my provider, Telekom is only available on the secondary IMSI (90413xxx), but the device needs to trigger an IMSI switch after multiple location update rejections when Vodafone and Telefonica are blocked.

However, after blocking both Vodafone and Telefonica networks on the emnify plattform to force the Telekom switch, the IMSI switch to Telekom doesn’t happen, even after waiting a long time. Error message on provider’s plattform: “'Location update rejected from VLR 491710300000 (Telekom) for IMSI 295050904219408. The requested RatType 2/1 (GERAN/UTRAN) is not allowed for this operator.”

Could someone help me verify if the Teltonika RUT200 supports automatic IMSI switching, and if there are any specific configurations I need to apply to ensure the device triggers the switch correctly?

Thanks in advance. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. This seems to be a similar issue to a previous forum post: Problem with RUT200 and IMSI switching

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.