Assistance needed for receiving SMS text messages

Hello support,
My last topic was auto closed after 15 days but my issue is still not resolved. Please refer to RUT240 not receiving SMS messages - Teltonika Networks - Teltonika Community.

Per the last request from Teltonika, I ran the requested command and the following was the response from the router.

root@Teltonika-RUT240:~# ubus call gsm.modem0 read_sms ‘{“index”:2}’
{
“request”: “AT+CMGL=4\r”,
“response”: “\r\nOK\r\n”,
“errno”: 2,
“error”: “Invalid arguments”
}
root@Teltonika-RUT240:~#

I have tried using multiple SIM cards in this router, none work to receive SMS messages under services/mobile utilities/messages. I can send messages with no issue at all. The cellular provider is Verizon Wireless.

Also, when using logread -f and then sending a plain SMS, and then a second SMS that is a RUT240 command, logread shows no output.

Please advise.

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that ‘logread -f’ shows nothing about received SMS messages when you run the command and send an SMS? Is that correct?

You mentioned that you used a multiple SIM cards, and that you use Verizon. Are all those Verizon SIM cards? Do you have an option to test a different SIM card (not from Verizon)?

Also, could you please try executing the following command, and then try the ‘logread -f’ and sending SMS again?:

gsmctl -A 'AT+QCFG="ltesms/format",1'

Kind Regards,

Thank you! I’m not sure what the command you requested me to run does (included below) but since running the command I am now receiving SMS messages. Thank you very much for your help.

gsmctl -A ‘AT+QCFG=“ltesms/format”,1’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.