Zabbix Package in 7.25.1

Does anyone have information on this package and how it is used / setup etc?

I have not been able to find any dails at all, was released with 7.25.1

RUTX_R_00.07.25.1 | 2026.09.04

  • New
    • Services
      • Zabbix: added Zabbix agent package

Greetings,

You can find a complete guide to setting up and configuring Zabbix on our official wiki:

Monitoring via Zabbix - Teltonika Networks Wiki

If you run into any issues or have further questions while configuring Zabbix, please feel free to reach out!

Best regards,
Martyna

Hi Martyna, thank you for taking the time to reply.

That wiki page is where I started. It documents the older method, opkg update followed by opkg install zabbix-agentd and then hand editing /etc/zabbix_agentd.conf, and it is written against firmware RUTXXX_R_00_07_03. On current firmware that method does not work for me. On a RUTM16 running 7.25.1+, the package is not found in the feed / it installs but the service will not start / the config file is not created].

What I am asking about is a different thing. Firmware 7.25.1 has introduced a Zabbix package that installs from the WebUI under System > Package Manager. That looks like the supported path going forward, but I cannot find any documentation for it, and the wiki page above has not been updated to cover it.

Could you please confirm:

  1. Is the Package Manager Zabbix package the Zabbix agent, Zabbix agent 2, or a proxy?
  2. Once installed, where is it configured? Is a WebUI page generated for it, or is configuration still done via a file on the device? If a file, which path?
  3. Is there an official Zabbix template or supported item set published to go with it?
  4. Can the package install and its configuration be deployed at scale via RMS or FOTA, rather than being set per device?
  5. Is updated wiki documentation planned for this package, and if so, is there a rough timeframe?

For context, I am looking to roll this out across a fleet of 50+ devices mix of RUTX11 / RUTM16 for monitoring, so a repeatable and supported configuration method matters far more to me than a one off manual setup.

Happy to test and report results back here if that would help.

Thanks again,

Hi @ewr,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I’ve forwarded your questions to our R&D team and will update you as soon as I hear back from them.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues!

Best regards,
Martyna