WPA2-Enterprise in Client/STA mode with RUT956 or RUTX10

Hello,

The datasheet for the RUT956 says it supports WPA2-Enterprise in the Wi-Fi security section. (Same on the datasheet for the RUTX10.)

In the Admin UI, when the device is in “Access Point” mode, “WPA2-EAP” is indeed available as an option under “Wireless Security”.

However, this doesn’t seem to be available when “Client” (i.e. STA) mode is configured.

Does the RUT956 (or RUTX10) support connecting to third-party access point using WPA2-EAP?
Can it be done from the UI? Alternatively, can it be done by editing /etc/config/wireless?

Thank you

Hi,

for RUT956 and RUTX10 support for WPA2-EAP in Client mode. For example, I attached a picture related to the configurations in the RUTX10 for Wireless configuration:

Detail information about Wireless configuration for RUT956 and RUTX10 can refer to this article: RUT956 Wireless - Teltonika Networks Wiki and RUTX10 Wireless - Teltonika Networks Wiki

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alam N.

Thank you, I don’t get those options on the RUT956.

Firstly, it mandates password before even asking which encryption/authentication mode should be used:

Secondly, WPA2-EAP is not available in the wireless security tab:

This is using RUT9M_R_00.07.05.4.

“Fixed client connection to EAP Wireless network” is listed in the release notes for RUT9M_R_00.07.05, but that’s visibly not the case for RUT9M_R_00.07.05.4.

Has it been fixed in later versions?

Thank you.

Hello @Alam, the forum says “This topic will automatically close in 3 days.”, but it still hasn’t been answered. Would you mind the screenshots I’ve attached in my reply?

Hi,

I apologize for the late response and continuing my previous response, I will update some information related to it. Regarding the WPA2-EAP option not being available in the Client mode, there are currently some devices that do not support EAP in Client mode, one of which is RUT956. We are still working on updating the wireless driver and hopefully this feature will come with it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alam N.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.