I got a RUT950 where I am blocking all the websites. they only need to acces there Outlook and website
I made a text file and add that on Services> Web filter, I added those websites into the whitelist but without any succes
I tested the Web Filter service, and it’s working well. Just a quick note: make sure that text lines in the .txt file are separated by line breaks for proper functionality.
After uploading the .txt file, websites should appear in the “Site Blocking Rules” section, similar to the picture below.
For troubleshooting, consider the following tips:
- Reload your browser . After adding new hostnames to the list, make sure you re-launch your web browser. Web browsers cache previously accessed information so the reason why some sites added to the list don’t filter out properly is because the content of those sites had been downloaded and cached prior.
- Or you can test immediately after adding new entries to the list with your web browser’s non-caching mode. For example, Google Chrome’s “Incognito” mode (Ctrl + Shift + N ) or Mozilla Firefox’s “Private” mode (Ctrl + Shift + P ).
- Multiple network interfaces . If your PC has multiple sources for Internet connectivity, make sure it uses the router as its default Internet gateway.
- Multiple domains . Popular sites like Google, Youtube, Facebook, etc. often use multiple domain names. Therefore, sometimes it may be necessary to block more than one domain in order to successfully block a single website.
- Mobile websites . If you’re testing Web Filter via a mobile phone, keep in mind that by default mobile devices connect to mobile versions of websites (that usually have names beginning with m. ) when they are available. Therefore, it is necessary to also add the mobile hostname as well as the regular one.
- Grammar mistakes . Make sure you have entered the desired hostnames correctly. Often sites aren’t blocked because of simple grammar mistakes like typing .comm instead of*.com* , ww. instead of www. or other general misspellings. If a site is not being blocked properly, check that entry in the Web Filter list.
i am using other way by blocking all website and whitelisting those website that are neccecary for our clients.
Adding whitelist .txt file so they are able to acces the website.
but can’t manage to add https://ioa.itec-onaccess.com or acces Outlook application
You should be able to easily add this address without any issues. Please check the service you are attempting to access and ensure that it is not using any other addresses for its resources, as this is most likely the case. If you encounter any difficulties saving the address, try entering it as follows: ioa.itec-onaccess.com.
I think that there is issue that Teltonika does not recognize it cause there is a - in the url.
I mentioned there’s an additional service issue. When you connect to ioa.itec-onaccess.com, it also attempts to reach two additional addresses: client.sciener.com and servlet.sciener.cn.
Rules window to Whitelist your desired address should look like this:
The symbol “-” is not the problem, and addresses with this symbol should and are functioning correctly.
Thank you, it did work!! Can I ask you how you get those other urls?
You can achieve this using various tools, but the most common one is the browser developer tools.
This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.