Unwired Solution for Train Network

Dear Community. I need some help to solve some situation with our client, State Railways from Chile. We have to link two train cabins. A distance of 50 m separates them. However, the client’s conditions require that this link couldn´t be linked through structured cabling. The bandwidth must be operate at 50 MBPS due video transmission. Currently we use the RUTX12 equipment but the antennas on the roof have interference due electromagnetic emission equipment. Do you recommend some kind of TELTONIKA Equipments and Antennas to achieve this requirement?. Thanks

Hello,

Unfortunately, if you are experiencing magnetic interference, using another WiFi antenna won’t help much since it will still operate on the same radio frequencies. However, you could try antennas with a higher dBi rating, as they might strengthen the signal enough to be usable. Additionally, you can experiment with different wireless radio bands, as they might interact differently with the interference. You can find the settings for this at Network → Wireless → Radio.

Best regards,

Thanks Marijus for your comments. Do you recommend me some kind of high signal Antenna to prove?. I have changed parameters on Network Radio Settings RUTX12 WEB devices, but without good results. Otherwise could be possible to use a high signal Antenna inside passenger cabin, but I´m not so sure that could be harmful for our passengers.

Hello,

Using a higher dBi antenna inside the train could improve wireless signal strength. This should not be harmful to passengers as long as you follow your country’s wireless regulations. However, you will need to test if the wireless signal can connect between the train cabins. As trains in general are “metal boxes” and these structures contain/block wireless signals.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.