Unstable VPN Connection

We have a RUT 901 set up with a VPN hub. Everything was working well the day before but now the VPN connection is unstable. If you look at the screenshot ping breaks every few seconds.

At first we thought it was because two users were connected using that same OpenVPN config file. Then we tested just having one user connected but the connection keeps on falling every few seconds.

Here is what we tried but didn’t work:

• I’d also recommend changing the Mobile interface MTU to 1500. This can be done by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General → mob1s1a1 (if SIM1 is in use) Edit the instance by pressing the pencil icon → Advanced settings → Override MTU: 1500 .

the above is from this thread: UNSTABLE VPN - Crowd Support Forum | Teltonika Networks

Setup:

• RUT 901
  • SIM 1
  • Data speeds are: 33ms ping, 27Mbps download, 19 Mbps upload

Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. It appears that the issue you’re experiencing is related to a VPN problem that we are already aware of and actively working to resolve.

As an alternative solution, you could try creating a new VPN hub and selecting a different location. While this may not definitively solve the problem, it could potentially alleviate it.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further concerns or questions.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the reply Marija. Do you know where I can get updates on when the issue gets resolved from your end? Thank you

Hello,

Typically, when the issue is resolved, we announce it on our wiki page along with the firmware changes and improvements.

If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know!

Best Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.