TRB500 mobile data

Hello everyone,

Issues with TRB500 with the latest firmware.

Mobile data disconnects frequently when auto 3/4/5G mode and speed starts off good @ 270 Mbps then drops to 80Mbps ?

I’ve seen previous post of speed issues with TRB500

I noticed if i leave it in 4G mode the mobile disconnects disappear
EE UK

RSSI -55dB
RSRQ. 8
RSRP 75
SINR 25

is there going to be a modem firmware update in the future.

Hello maximtimeclock@Teknology,

It seems you’re experiencing stability issues with the TRB500 when it’s set to auto 3/4/5G mode. The drop in speed and frequent disconnections could be due to various factors, including network congestion, signal interference, or firmware issues.

Regarding a firmware update, Teltonika Networks regularly releases updates to address such issues. The latest firmware version for the TRB500 is TRB500_R_00.07.06.10, released on April 4, 2024. This update includes several improvements and fixes that might resolve the issues you’re facing. It’s always recommended to keep your device updated with the latest firmware to ensure optimal performance and security.

If you continue to experience problems after updating, consider reaching out to Teltonika’s support for further assistance or to inquire about future firmware updates that may specifically address the mobile data disconnection issue.

Hello,

Apologies for a late response.
The speed drop issue sounds like it’s coming from the operator side - usually during peak hours in the evening the load on cell towers increases drastically, causing the speed to drop as well. This does not sound like the issue experienced by other users. Are you able to replicate the speed drop consistently during any time of the day?
As for disconnections - does the device automatically reconnect? If so, how long does it usually take?
Is ping reboot configured on this device?

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.