Dear Teltonika,
We face an issue where we need to transfer the active Data and Management pack from a RUT241 which is not functioning properly to a new RUT241 device. The device keeps getting offline, the ports remain disabled and the device also is off warranty.
Could you please inform me on the steps needed to successfully transfer both packs?
The issue is urgent for the client and I need your help and guidance on this topic as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance,
Manos Anastasiou
OT Network Engineer
Greetings,
Thank you for contacting us.
Could you please clarify whether the RUT241 has a hardware fault or whether the issue is limited to its connection to RMS? Can you access the device’s WebUI locally, and does its internet connection remain operational when it appears offline in RMS?
If you cannot access the device locally, please test it with a different, known-working power supply compatible with the RUT241.
If the device remains inaccessible, please try the bootloader recovery procedure described in the RUT241 recovery guide
Let us know the results so we can better understand the situation and advise on the next steps.
Best regards,
T.
Greetings,
According to the customer’s description (as the device in on customer’s premises) the device is powered on but the ports don’t operate normally. There is no response when we plug cables into the LAN or the WAN port and the device is now offline on RMS Platform. So it sounds like a hardware problem.
The only way to test it for sure is to have it in my company’s premises and check on it. It is possible to have the router in the next few days after the customer sends it.
By the time I have it and then I give you a clear feedback on its operation, would we need to make an RMA process? And how long does a process like that usually take? I am asking for that information as it is really urgent for the client and needs to replace this router as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance,
Manos Anastasiou
OT Network Engineer
Hello,
Thank you for the update. We understand the urgency of this situation.
Testing the router at your premises will help confirm whether the issue persists and whether a hardware fault is likely. If the device remains unreachable after completing the suggested troubleshooting steps, you can proceed with the RMA process, provided the device is still under warranty.
The RMA process usually takes up to 10 working days from the date we receive the device. If a hardware fault is confirmed, we will be able to transfer the associated RMS packs to the replacement device.
Once you have received and tested the router, please share your findings with us. Based on these results, we will guide you through the next steps.
Kind regards,
T.
Dear Tautvydas,
Thank you for your instant reply.
I have informed the customer to ship the router to my office so I can proceed with the troubleshooting steps. I hope I will have the device during next week so I can make the tests you advised.
By the time I have the findings, I will immediately inform you on this conversation in order to proceed with the next steps.
One question I have regarding the warranty and the RMA process. If the device is off warranty then I cannot have an RMA for this device right? But what about the transfer of the packs (Data & Management) of the non-working router in this case?
Thank you in advance,
Anastasiou Manos
OT Network Engineer