Teltonika RUTX50 connecting to main router

Good afternoon,

I have the following problem witch I cannot resolve, hopefully somebody can send me some tips?

I will describe the problem below

We have bought the RUTX50 to connect to 5G network.

Our main network is manage by an Peplink router with 2 WAN ports.

First WAN port is connected with internet from VSAT satellite.

The second WAN port we want to connect to the RUTX50 for 5G internet passing over the network.

I have tried to put the Mobile at Bridge Mode and Passthrough, but in both modes the WAN port from the Peplink cannot connect to the RUTX50.

The DHCP from the LAN I have enabled, but I thought it should be disabled as the Peplink router is the main DHCP Router.

Have read how to activate the bride modes in this forum, but it will still not connect.

Many thanks for reading.

Hello,

This might be an issue with your main router (Peplink), to rule this out could you set your router to bridge mode and plug the ethernet cable into the router LAN port and another end to your PC then check what IP address you are getting? Regular DHCP or your ISP-provided IP?

Kind regards,
Marijus

Good moring,

I have connected my PC direct in Lan1 from the RUTX50.

The Mobile mob1s1a1 i put in Bridge modus.

See picture for the IP address i have now. I think it is an regular DHCP

Hello,

The IP address you provided is definitely from your ISP provider, as it falls within the 10.xx.xx.xx range, and masks like 255.255.255.252 are commonly used by internet providers.

I would suggest examining the settings of your other router to see if static IP or other configurations are set for the WAN port where the RUTX50 is connected

Best regards,
Marijus

Hi Marijus,

Thanks so far for the input.

See below picture from the settings of the WAN port from our main router.

When I connect my PC in the LAN port of the RUTX50 when he is in bridge modus, all is working fine.

But when i connect to the WAN port in the router, he keeps trying to connect but will not connect. (no IP address)

LAN DHCP settings from the RUTX50 is disabled. The WAN port is DHCP enabled.

Hello,

I’m not very familiar with this manufacturer’s firmware, so I can’t provide detailed information about what happens “under the hood” for each setting. However, at first glance, everything appears normal.

You might want to try adjusting the Connection method and Routing mode settings, as they could function differently for this router.

Best regards,
Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.