Suggestion about Port Forwards

Greetings,

Due to our work, we work by routing many devices through NAT. Imagine routing 50 devices at the same time. In new firmware versions of routers, port forwarding arrangement may have become a bit more complicated. For example, to add a source IP, we have to go to the advance settings tab. It is not a big issue. I understand that this is done in order not to confuse people. But I wish we could import and export NAT settings as excel. Then it would be much easier for us to edit.

I hope it can be done.

Hi,

Although we currently don’t support the upload of Excel files, our RUTOS system is highly capable. It’s built on OpenWRT, a Linux distribution, where everything is treated as a file in the system. Port forwarding rules are saved as text in a file, making it easy to manage by adding additional rules manually or through a script. You can find the file containing firewall rules (including port forwards) at /etc/config/firewall when you SSH into your device.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi all,
I would have to agree that the new firmware has made the entry of port forwards too complicated. I use a number of unlisted ports for network devices and find the fact that I have to click on the port entry, click search, type the number and then click add. then I have to do the same with the end port number - which adds up to 6 extra clicks rather than just typing digits in the field.
I appreciate that you want to make things simple for novices but you’ve made my job particularly difficult.
Can’t we just go back to typing in digits?
Cheers

Hi,

I mentioned before that WebUI wasn’t designed to enter a large number of port forwards or firewall rules. However, RUTOS is built on OpenWRT, which is based on Linux. This allows you to create all the rules at once and copy them from configuration files using SSH or the command line interface (CLI). By doing so, you can quickly apply these rules to other Teltonika devices by copying them to the firewall config file or even copying the file itself.

Alternatively, you can use our Remote Management Service (RMS) to perform this task remotely!

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.