Starlink connection not detected - resolved by reboot

I have a RUT240 with the following firmware: RUT2_R_00.07.06.10.

I am running a v2 Dishy off 12V using the Yaosheng 3 in 1 PoE injector / pwer supply (120W Boost PoE Injector with Comprehensive Protection. Suitable for St – SEEWOYA).

The starlink system will boot up fine and connect to the internet (as visitble from the phone app) but generally won’t appear as connected to the router as connected to eth1 and not get a DHCP address. However, if disconnect the power from the modem for 10s and power up, it will generally connect fine.

I am not ruling out power issues, but something else appears to be happening. The manufacturer said that some people’s equipment have issues with Starlink reporting different MAC addresses.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting? I can send through an assortment of logs.

Hello,

You mentioned that you think this might be a power issue. How is the RUT240 powered, and how is it connected to Starlink? Is RUT240 utilizing only Starlink as WAN or is it using a mobile connection too?

Best regards,
Marijus

The RUT is powered from 12V (LiFePO4 battery) via the 4 pin connector. It has a mobile connection which is running all the time. The Wired WAN (Starlink) is priority, and the mobile is the failover.

The Starlink is powered by the Yaoshang PoE injector / PSU.

I comment on the potential power issue only as this is common with 12V Starlink systems.

Hello,

There is very little information to work with so to determine the root cause of this issue, we’ll need the troubleshoot file. Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Best regards,
Marijus

Hello,

Based on the troubleshoot files, it appears that the router is attempting to obtain only an IPv6 address on the WAN interface, but it keeps encountering errors. If you don’t use IPv6 for communication, could you please try disabling the WAN6 interface and attempting to reconnect your Starlink? If this does not resolve the issues, please generate another troubleshoot file and send it for further examination.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.