Rutx50 power consumption

I recently bought a rutx50 and it seems to have a higher power draw than the manual states. I’ve had only two devices connected by WiFi, no GPS or LAN, speeds have not been particularly fast and it’s been drawing between 10-20w.

The manual states that the highest draw with lots of connected things is 12.65w, and I was really hoping for less than that since I have only light usage. Is there a way to use less power?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

It’s quite unusual for a device to consume such a high amount of power without much load.

Could you please test the power consumption of the device without any load (no SIM card or other peripherals) to establish a baseline? This could help determine if there’s a hardware issue. Additionally, could you explain how you measure the device’s power consumption? What methods or devices do you use?

Best regards,

Marijus

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Without anything plugged into the router and with sim card removed it is drawing 9-10w.

I’m currently running it from a Bluetti portable power station which displays the draw on its screen

Hello,

Portable batteries like yours are typically intended for higher power draws and may occasionally display higher readings than intended. Please check other similar power consumption devices to see if the power draw readings are higher across all devices or only on the router. If the high power draw is only observed on the router, it’s possible that the device could be faulty, as such a high power draw is not expected for a device without any load. In this case, you should contact your reseller or Teltonika (if you bought directly from them) and initiate an RMA process.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.