RUTX50 Network issues - Loading times

Greetings!
I’m having problems loading websites on my internet connection. While the speeds are excellent, pages can take a very long time to load (I’m talking well over 30 seconds at times).
I tried:

• Changing the DNS server
  • Manually switching to other bands
  • Switching to 4G only

I’m running an RUTX50 with two 2x2MIMO Poynting XPOL-2-5G Antennas, aimed at a cell tower 4.2 km away.
Happy to provide additional info, thanks for any suggestions!

screenshot1

Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 02-10-47 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

What’s your RUTX50’s firmware version?
And did you try without manual DNS servers but using automatically assigned ones through your ISP?

RUTX_R_00.07.06.10
I tried that, didn’t help

Any difference when being connected (client) with WiFi or LAN cable to RUTX50?
Does a manual setting to 4G only make any notable change?
Have you tried what happens after a factory reset of the router?

Wifi or Lan, makes no difference
4G Only lowers general download speeds, but page loading issues persist
Did a full factory reset yesterday, didn’t help

Any other (different provider) SIM card at hand to test with?

Sadly no
And the only two operators who offer unlimited data and speeds are sharing the cell tower

Going through all possible options - have you tried original antennas instead of Poynting ones?
Are all antenna screws tightened properly on the right connector?

I tried them back when I first got the unit, but the speeds weren’t great

This is how I have the Poynting antennas set-up right now.
Blue - Antenna 1
Green - Antenna 2

Spaced horizontally about 5 meters apart to avoid interference

Connecting antennas from outer to inner looks about right to me.
However - I’m having difficulties to understand “speeds weren’t great”.
I guess you mean speedtest results but this is something different than a web page opens slowly or “after up to 30 secs” - I’d call this delay.
To rule out antenna issues - can you connect original ones again (and yes, speedtest might drop), but will web pages open directly and without delay?
Don’t forget to reboot after antenna swap.

Weird as your download speed looks good enough to load a web page very quickly. I consider this a ‘long shot’, but have you tried setting your APN’s manually?

Hi there,

Based on the SpeedTest and Signal results, it seems like your connection should be stable with minimal latency.

Have you tested website load times using different browsers and devices?

Best regards,
Marijus

All the same with the included antennas.
Since yesterday, the problem has become an on and off thing, leading me to believe that it might possibly by a problem with the provider, but there’s no way for me to verify that in any way.

Tested various browsers, happens on all devices on my network

Just checked, the APN is automatically set to the same one my provider lists on their website

Can you answer this question?
It might indeed be client-related…

Greetings!
Yes, I’ve tested on two computers (Windows and Linux), different phones and various browsers
When the issue occurs, it affects every device on the network

Hi, random idea, but could you try decreasing MTU on mobile interface to something like 1460/1420 for example? Just please make sure you have LAN access to your device in case this setting causes absolute connectivity outage.

I think this setting can be found while editing mobile interface, in advanced settings subsection.

Sadly, making this change lead to no noticeable difference