RUTX50 Firmware Update - RUTX_R_00.07.06.3

Hi,

I want to upgrade the RUTX50 to the latest version RUTX_R_00.07.06.3 I have tried it via “File“ and “Server“ and “Keep settings“ enabled and disabled, but without any success.

At the current version which is installed is RUTX_R_00.07.06.1.

Do you have an idea?

Kind regards,
Jörg

Hello,

Could you please provide some additional details?

• Did the file upload succeed, or did you encounter an error?
  • Does the update process initiate but then crash after a certain period?
  • Is the entire procedure seemingly successful, but the device still displays the old firmware after a reboot?
  • What file are you attempting to upload, and what is its extension (e.g., .bin)? Have you made any modifications to the firmware file? Perhaps you renamed the file?

If there are any error messages, it would be helpful if you could upload some screenshots.

Kind Regards,

Hello,

Did the file upload succeed, or did you encounter an error?
o There was no error

Does the update process initiate but then crash after a certain period?
o I can’t see any issues during the upgrade

Is the entire procedure seemingly successful, but the device still displays the old firmware after a reboot?
o The WEBUI is shown the “old“ FW

What file are you attempting to upload, and what is its extension (e.g., .bin)? Have you made any modifications to the firmware file? Perhaps you renamed the file?
o I have used the .bin without renaming it.

Kind regards,
Jörg

Hello @JBR,

Without having access to the device, it can be hard to say what the issue is.

Could you please try upgrading the firmware from the command line? Access the device via CLI/SSH (username ‘root’) and follow the steps outlined in the wiki article here. Basically, you will need to upload the firmware file to the router using WinSCP (assuming you are using Windows machine), or alternatively you can use ‘wget’ command to download the firmware directly to into the router. Please be aware that the ‘wget’ command referenced in the article contains an outdated link to the firmware. You can find the latest firmware for RUTX50 on our wiki page here (and the link if you decide to use ‘wget’ by right-clicking the link to the firmware and copying link address).

When the firmware is uploaded to the device, you can use sysupgrade command to install new firmware as described in the article.

Let me know how it goes!

Kind Regards,

Hi,
I have the same issue as well. Also tried to update via CLI but it is also not working.
download is OK and I can find the file in the tmp directory.

root@Teltonika-RUTX50:/tmp# ls -lsp
24928 -rw-r–r-- 1 root root 25525990 Jan 25 16:03 RUTX_R_00.07.06.3_WEBUI.bin
4 -rw-r–r-- 1 root root 27 Jan 25 15:32 TZ
4 -rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1941 Jan 1 1970 board.json

after

sysupgrade RUTX_R_00.07.06.3_WEBUI.bin

it just reboots without upgrading to the new firmware…

Event log says

Reboot - Request after FW upgrade.

thats all.

I have connected a USB stick on the device - coud this be the issue?

Thanks HeiKo

Hello,

The RUTX has been successfully installed on our vessel, and unfortunately, I am unable to physically board the ship to inspect it closely. However, as the vessel has returned to the harbor, I will proceed with the routine as previously instructed.

Jörg

Hello,

same issue on a different vessel.

Kind regards,
Jörg

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

It’s hard to say what the issue is without proper investigation. It is also possible that the issue could be linked to hardware issues, specifically flash wear.

If your devices are functioning normally at the moment, I recommend sticking with the current firmware version. If an update becomes necessary, I suggest attempting to update the firmware using the bootloader method outlined here.

In case you will try the bootloader procedure, please let me know about the results.

Kind Regards,

Hi,

I have installed three RUTX.

On two units (Batch 0018) I’m not able to install the latest version. But on one unit (Batch 0014) I’m able to work with FW RUTX_R_00.07.06.3.

Kind regards,
Jörg

This topic was automatically closed after 22 days. New replies are no longer allowed.