RUTX50 does not reconnect to WLAN after return

RUTX50 does not reconnect to WAN (iPhone) after loosing connection.
I have found a hint and followed this:

• enable the option to ‘disable inactivity polling
  • disable ‘Disassociate On Low Acknowledgement’

Hello,

iPhones have a unique ecosystem, and sometimes it can interfere with other systems. Please check if after disconnection, manual reconnection is not required for the iPhone’s hotspot. You can verify this by using another phone. Additionally, check other iPhone hotspot settings that might be causing interference.

Another thing to try is changing the encryption from WPA3-SAE to WPA2-PSK; this might resolve the issue as well.

If these methods are unsuccessful, we’ll investigate this issue further.

Kind regards,

Marijus

Hello Marijus,

I tried WPA2-PSK but it didn’t work either.
I tried the reconnection with my Macbook (don’t have a second phone), this works well.

kind regards
Albert

btw. I used the this guide for settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INGKWNqnZZ0

Hi Marijus,

Do you have any findings ?

kind regards
Albert

Hello,

I have been looking into this and trying to recreate this arisen issue, but could not replicate it or get any grasp on why it is happening. Looks like you have determined the root cause of this issue, we’ll need the troubleshooting file. Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Kind regards,
Marijus

Hi,

I reviewed your troubleshoot files and noticed that your RUTX50 is having trouble reconnecting to your iPhone’s hotspot, even though it’s attempting to. This is a bit puzzling.

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Change the LAN IP address to the 192.168.1.1 range.
  2. Enable the 5GHz wifi on your router.
  3. Try connecting to the hotspot again, but this time, disable failover.

And take troubleshoot file from router again.

Additionally, if you have access to any other hotspot capable devices such as an Android phone or another router, could you also try setting up the connection with them? This would help us understand if the issue is specific to the iPhone hotspot or if it’s a more general connectivity issue.

Best regards,
Marijus

Hello Marijus

1. I made a factory reset
  2. After Restarting my PC was connected on LAN and my Tablet was connected to 5GHz
  3. Then I made the first Troubleshoot File (unable to upload - not authorized !?)
  4. I configured the iPhone as done previous described in my .pdf (accepted all settings with no change)
  5. Then I disabled the internal SIM1 to be sure that only iPhone has internet
  6. Testet the connection with my tablet → RutX50 5G → iPhone → Internet → works fine
  7. made the second Troubleshoot File (unable to upload - not authorized !?)
  8. Disabled Hotspot on my iPhone, testet with my tablet → no Internet
  9. Enabled Hotspot on my iPhone, wireless panel shows iPhone Up, WAN shows iPhone down
  10. made the third Troubleshoot File (unable to upload - not authorized !?)

tell me how to send you the Troubleshoot files !

Verified the connect / reconnect on my android tablet with my iphone as hotspot, this works !

kind regards
Albert

Hi,

I’ve sent you an email. You can reply to it and attach any troubleshoot files.

Thanks,
Marijus

Hello,

I reviewed the troubleshoot files again but found no information. It seems you disconnected the mobile interface after the hotspot interface.

As I mentioned earlier, could you please test the hotspot functionality with a different phone, not an iPhone? In this test, the other phone would act as the hotspot, and the RUTX50 would connect to it.

It appears that the iPhone may be causing the issue, so we need to confirm if that’s indeed the case.

Additionally in WebUi on page Network → Wireless → SSIDs wifi clients(hotspot) interface do not go down until you turn it off. To really be sure that it is up and connected you need to go to Network → WAN WebUI page.

Best regards,
Marijus

Hello Marijus

I had guest’s here and we could check the hotspot connection with:

• Galaxy S22 Ultra reconnects automatically
  • Pixel 7a doesn’t reconnect

Hope this helps

kind regards
Albert

Hello,

I’ve been investigating this strange occurrence and have found that some of your devices aren’t responding to the RUTX50 authentication request, while others (like the Samsung 22) do so without any issues. In any case, RUTX50 is trying to authenticate with Hotspot devices. I’ll conduct further tests to delve deeper into this matter and will get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please consider updating your devices’ firmware to version 07.06.10. Also, keep an eye out for the upcoming release of version 07.07 for RUTX devices. Additionally, in the iPhone hotspot settings, you can enable the “Maximize Compatibility” option. This will place your hotspot on the 2.4GHz band and might help with better authentication alignment.

2024-04-19-12-49-15-iphone hotspot maximize capability - Google Search — Mozilla Firefox

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.