RUTX50 Carrier Aggregation with 5G

When I operate my RUTX50 in 4G only mode, it automatically performs 4x carrier aggregation. If I switch to 5G/4G/3G automatic, it only does 2x carrier aggregation.
I have tried another 5G router with which 4x carrier aggregation in 5G mode is no problem.
What could be the reason for this?

The aggregated bands are:
RUTX50 (4G only): B3, B3, B8, B1
RUTX50 (5G/4G/3G): B3, n28
Test router (5G/4G): n28, B3, B3, B1

Modem in RUTX50: Quectel RG501Q
Modem in Testrouter: Quectel.RM500Q

Hello, the problem is that when you select 5G/4G/3G, modem connects to 5G band. Modem possibly doesn’t support carrier aggregation combinations with 5G band which are supported with 4G bands. That’s could be the reason, why you don’t see combination with 5G band which are visible with 4G only bands.

RM500Q probably has different available combinations.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I am not sure if I have misunderstood you. After a lot of testing, the router has now connected to two 4G and one 5G cell. So a fourth should theoretically also be possible, right?

In which bands it’s connected? There is no difference in cells, bands matter here, because CA combinations are for bands.

Ok, I think I understand now. I didn’t know that there are certain combinations of carrier aggregation that the modem has to support.
The RUTX50 connects to B3 / B20 / 5G N1.
The combination N28 / B3 / B1 / B3 that the other router uses does not seem to be supported by the RUTX50.
Is there a table where I can see which combinations are supported? I have not been able to find one so far.

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.