RUTX10 Wifi Client stops

My RUTX10 works for approx 1.5days as a Wifi client and then stops working. It shows no signal when there is plenty of signal. A reboot fixes the issue and connectivity is restored. How do i troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Hi,

The signal can be calculated between two bodies emitting waves. When there’s no client connected to a RUTX10 Wi-Fi point, the signal isn’t calculated because there’s no reference point. But when at least one client is connected, it begins calculating the signal quality between them.

Best regards,

Hi

I think that there is a setting that needs adjusting as the unit shouldn’t require to be rebooted to detect and connect to a wifi network that is in range and has a strong signal.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion earlier. I just realized that the issue lies with the Client mode. So, is the problem that your RUTX10 isn’t reconnecting to the access point that provides the WAN connection?

Best regards,

Correct. Reconnecting is the problem. A reboot fixes the issue temporarily

Hi

Following up on this one. How do I troubleshoot why it does not reconnect automatically

Following up again…

I have noticed the below message in logs that maybe relevant

daemon.err hostapd: Wrong coupling between HT and VHT/HE channel setting

Hello,

To determine the root cause of this issue, we’ll need the troubleshoot file. Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Make sure the device has not been reset and issue has occurred before taking the troubleshoot file.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi

Do you have anyupdate?

Thanks

Hi - Any update?

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,

I’ve reviewed the troubleshoot file you sent. It appears that the access point you’re attempting to connect to keeps changing its channel frequency frequently. Please check the settings of the “XXXXX IoT” access point, particularly the channel width, and try lowering it if possible.

Best regards,