Noticing a new console error when accessing a test device that I updated to RUTX_R_00.07.08 a few days ago:
Hello,
I have tried several devices to recreate the issue you are experiencing but was not successful. Since you mentioned it was a test device, there might be some configuration interfering. Could you try factory resetting it? Additionally, you can try deleting and reinstalling the Tailscale package to test this potential point of failure.
Best regards,
(note about Tailscale issue moved because turns out it’s unrelated)
I don’t know if factory resetting is going to gain much. I found the source (gzipped) for the index page at /www/index.html.gz, un-gzipp’ed it and inspected the code.
I see the following
Running that thru https://www.srihash.org/ it appears valid
So, I’m not sure what the “problem” is here, but it may just be cosmetic? I am a bit surprised you aren’t able to replicate it, as this doesn’t appear to be anything config-related.
Also, when I tested the js resource (again, using https://www.srihash.org) its sha256 hash does not match what is passed in the headers…
This topic is about to auto-close ![]()
In any case, I updated to 7.08.1 and the issue is still present.
I also checked a few routers with older firmware, and can confirm that the bug was introduced somewhere between 7.04.5 → 7.06.10 (on the 7.04.5 systems, this error is not present, but it is present on all 7.6.10+ systems that I checked)





