RUT956 Internet access via wifi + SIM card

Good morning, I’m trying to give internet access via WiFi on my RUT956 (which has internet access via the SIM in Slot1)…
In the section: Network\Wireless\Radio = enabled with PSW In the Network\Wireless\SSID= section everything is default except for the “Network” parameter which I set to “MobileSim1 etc…”.

I can detect Wifi from the devices, but I don’t have any access to the internet… it seems to work in DHCP (so it might be fine for me… it seems to connect but it says without internet access…).

Is there anything else to set?

Thank you

Hello there,

According to your description, you have changed the interface on your W-Fi AP from LAN to mob1s1a1, that is the reason your wifi clients no longer have internet access. Please try changing it back to LAN.

If you have did not configure anything else, then by default the network should be left as ‘lan’ in this case, to be able to provide the internet connection to connected Wi-Fi clients.

As the LAN interface is bridged by default and connected to eth0 interface, it gives access to the internet, which it gets from the WAN interfaces, in this case it would be SIM1.
For more information about Wireless and configuring it, you can check out this RUT956 wireless article: RUT956 Wireless - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

If you have any further questions let me know,
DziugasS

A thousand thanks!

Tomorrow I will try the configuration and I will let you know if I solved it.

Very kind

Good morning, yesterday I managed to go to the house to try to activate the wifi, I set the configuration to “LAN” but unfortunately I got the following result:

From an iPhone + smartphone via PC I get access to the internet only as a “google search” but when I try to access most sites it won’t let me access.

From a smartphone"
Blackview Smartphone Color8" connects but has no internet access…

I checked the various settings… I resolved access to sites not accessible on iPhone and PC by setting the “802.11r fast transition” option to OFF… in this way I can open the sites… . while for example if I try to watch a video on prime video via the application… it gives me a server error…

While on the “Blackview Smartphone Color8” I still can’t navigate at all…

I attach some configuration screens.

I have a recent backup in case anyone needs help… thanks

Hello,

In such case I would need a troubleshoot file from you, so I could look into the configuration and try to find the root cause of the issue. As troubleshoot files have sensitive information, for that we will continue the communication privately via hubspot platform. I have sent you a hubspot instructions to your email, check your inbox, there will be a form that you will need to fill out, your ticket ID will be 6539.

Also could you try to ping 8.8.8.8 and nslookup google.com and see what is the output?

To do so, go to your router’s WebUI → System → Maintenance → CLI → login will be root and password will be your router’s password.

Once logged in, execute these commands and let me know was the pings succesful:

`ping 8.8.8.8`

and then

nslookup google.com

For more information about command line interface, you can refer to this guide: Command Line Interfaces - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Kindly waiting for your reply,
DziugasS

unfortunately the router is located in another house which I rarely reach…

I responded privately via the ticket.

As soon as I reach the house I will do the recommended tests!

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @MD_CORPORATION ,
Apologies for a delayed response.
I’ve checked your troubleshoot file provided to my colleague, and it seems like the main issue are the extremely poor signal parameters:
Coupled with the fact that the device is connected to LTE B20, this will result in an almost unusable connection. Signal strength recommendations can be found here: Mobile Signal Strength Recommendations - Teltonika Networks Wiki
Make sure to perform tests with the stock antennas provided with the device, and use both antennas, as that will improve signal quality. Signal strength can be checked from the WebUI by navigating to Status → Network → Mobile.
In terms of other parameters, everything looks good. The device establishes connection with an operator using IPv4v6 and the ICMP packets seem to pass.

Best regards,

Thank you very much for the reply!

So it all comes down to the question of signal quality right?

Are all the rest of the parameters ok?

Hello,

While it’s hard to know for sure, from the first look everything else looks correct.
Additionally, since you were able to access Google (and likely other very lightweight services) that is a good indication that everything else is setup correctly.
For most setups no additional configuration is mandatory after the initial bootup, however, we do recommend changing the WebUI and WiFi passwords for increased security.

Best regards,

Thanks so much for now! I contacted the telephone operator insisting on the problem relating to the quality of the signal, it turned out that there seems to be a problem with the repeater… and today they should resolve it within the day…

I hope this is the only thing preventing correct navigation…

I will update you as soon as the telephone operator gives me confirmation that the repeater has been restored.

For now, thanks!

Hello,

Sure! Let us know if any additional help is needed.

Best regards,

Ensure the DHCP server is enabled and correctly configured on the RUT956 to assign IP addresses to connected devices. Check the DHCP lease time to ensure devices maintain connections.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.