RUT955 - RS232 overIP not reconnecting

Hi I have a RUT955 FW version RUT9_R_00.07.06.6 and I have a problem I have not encountered with previous versions. The RS232 Over IP connects to a TCP client, but if the network is interrupted, it does not re-establish connection.

The reconnect interval is set to 120 seconds, Inactivity to 60 seconds but it does not re-establish connection to the server.

Solved the issue by downgrading the FW to RUT9_R_00.07.06.0

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing that issue. Can you please let me know if the same problem persists after updating to the newest RUT9_R_00.07.06.8 firmware?

Best Regards,

Hello @Marija,

I have the exact same problem with a RUT955 using the latest firmware (RUT9_R_00.07.06.8).

My test is the following:
[Custom TCP server] ↔ [RUT955] ↔ [RS232 Terminal]

My “over ip” is configured as a client (close connexion off and connect on data off).

• Step1: I see the modem connecting to my tcp server.
  • Step2: I send an ascii message in my terminal.
  • Step3: The TCP server answer a message and close the connexion (i see the answer in my terminal).
  • Step4: The modem never reconnect to the TCP server.

Downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.06.0 firmware works:

• Step1: I see the modem connecting to my tcp server.
  • Step2: I send an ascii message in my terminal.
  • Step3: The TCP server answer a message and close the connexion (i see the answer in my terminal).
  • Step4: The modem reconnect to the TCP server and I can resend a message in my terminal.

I’m available for further test if needed.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve confirmed that the issue has been reported to our RnD team, so they are now fully aware of the situation and actively working on resolving it. Rest assured, the fix will be implemented in future firmware version releases. Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.