RUT950 - Unable to set static WAN

Hello,

When I try to configure my WAN settings with the static IP etc. I have from my ISP I am not able to save & apply. there is no remarks or errors showing up, simply nothing happens when I press the button.
I’ve tried via different browsers and also both from Http and Https.

Model: RUT950
FW: RUT9_R_00.07.06.6

Hello,

You cannot set a static public IP address yourself; it is determined and provided by your ISP. Typically, obtaining a static public IP address is an additional service offered by your ISP.

Best regards,

Marijus

I use a similar setup, but no ISP. A static WAN and pointing to a firewall, but I can’t save the configuration either with the new firmware. Older firmware is running that setup without problem.

Hi @Johannes ,

I’m sorry for any trouble this has caused. Our team knows about the problem and is working on fixing it. We’re on it and you can expect it to be sorted out in the next updates. Thanks for being patient.

Best regards,

Marijus

2 Likes

Hi Marijus,

Thanks for information about the problem in the new firmware.
Do you have an expected time for when a new FW will be released to fix this issue?

BR
Mikael

Hello,

As of now, I cannot specify when the update will be released as it is still in progress.

Best regards,

Marijus

Good morning,
same issue on RUT241 with same firmware: RUT2M_R_00.07.06.6.
Should i downgrade fw in order to let it work waiting for new update?

Thank you.
Paolo

Hello @Paolo,

Yes, downgrading would be a viable temporary option for this issue.

King regards,

Marijus

Hi Paolo,

I’ve downgraded to RUT9_R_00.07.06.
Seems to have fixed the problem for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.