RUT950 bricked itself after firmware upgrade

Our RUT950 seems to brick itself once i upgrade from the legacy firmware: RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.5 to the latest firmware RUT9_R_00.07.06.11

The upgrade goes trough without a error but once the device is running i simply can’t connect nor ping it, the settings are all factory default but only the signal led blinks red and green.
One way to fix this is to downgrade back to the legacy firmware but that is not ideal, weird thing is we have another 950 from the same batch (batch no 118) and that one upgraded to the latest 7 firmware without issues.

I have tried with and without the keep settings after firmware upgrade option but both didn’t help the situation.

The status led’s for the LAN interfaces also stopped working after upgrading to the latest 7 firmware

Hello,

Could you please try performing a factory reset to see if this helps recover your RUT950? Detailed instructions can be found on our wiki page.

Please let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

Goodmorning Marija,
I have tried a factory resetting the device many times, either via the UI or with the reset button but this sadly didn’t fix the issue.

Thank you for the information!

Additionally, there is a recovery option called the bootloader menu, which is a special router state used as a recovery tool in case the router becomes inaccessible even after a factory reset. Please attempt updating the firmware via the bootloader menu and let me know if the problem remains the same, or if anything changes. Detailed instructions can be found here.

Best Regards,

I also tried this many times, even using older versions of the 7 firmware, this didn’t fix it either.
Only i way i could get the rut running again is to flash the RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.5 firmware via the bootloader.

Thank you for confirming that you have tried the bootloader menu. In this situation, the issue is most likely with the device itself. Therefore, I suggest contacting us via the “Contact us” form available here to initiate the RMA process.

Best Regards,

Hi Marija,
We will get into contact with the orginal supplier, it turned out the rut wasn’t bought from teltonika directly. The case can be closed now, thank you for your help :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.