RUT241 Set Two Ports to LAN and Have Internet When Connect PC, But no Internet When Connect to Media Box

I am using RUT241

I already set two ports to LAN and confirmed that both of them have Internet when connecting to PCs.
But when I connect my media box to the port, the media box can show an Ethernet connection, but no Internet.

Is it about Firewall or any other setting?

Please help me.

Thank you in advance

Does the media box get its IP via DHCP or is it given a static IP?
What’s the firmware version of your RUT241?

Hello,

1. The media box gets IP via DHCP
  2. Firmware is RUT2M_R_00.07.06.

Can you update your RUT241 to latest firmware 07.06.10

RUT241 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki

And then reset network settings of your media box - let’s see how that goes.

Hi @TeWe

Thanks for your suggestion. I upgraded to the 07.06.10, but it did not work.

For the Ethernet setting of the media box, the IP, netmask and gateway are all correct, but the DNS part shows fddc:3347:8fef::1 and 192.168.1.1

Normally the DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 when connected to another available network.

Hello,

Our devices don’t come with preconfigured firewall rules that would allow only IP address access without an internet connection, especially since they both are provided to other devices on the same LAN port in your case.

I would advise checking the media box connectivity settings in this case. Additionally, is the router providing an IP address from the correct address range?

Best regards,
Marijus

Hi @Marijus

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm the IP address range is correct.
The media box works well when I connect it to my home broadband network through cable.

I try to reset the RUT241, then connect the home network cable to the WAN port, and connect the media box to the LAN port. The media box can identify the Ethernet, but no data transfer.

That’s why I thought that some setting in RUT241 limits the network.

Hi,

Does your media box use any particular firmware or specific ports for communication?

Best regards,
Marijus

Hi @Marijus

The internet can connect and transfer data when I change a new media box with the latest system,
It could be caused by the old media box version.

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I’m glad you found a solution. If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out to us again!

Kind regards,

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.