RUT241 Router Authentication Code After Factory Reset

Hello, I factory reset my RUT241 router but now the RMS Cloud Solution fails to connect. I searched all over my RMS account for the Authentication Code but I cannot find it for the life of me… can you please show me where to get that code from? I did look under the Device’s Settings Table to see if there is an option to turn on the column but there is nothing. I want to do this without having to remove and then add the device back. I have a 10-year RMS pack added to the router and I’m concerned I might lose the pack if I unregister and add the router again.

Thank you for you help.

Hello,

If you navigate to Management → Devices, you should see a triangle next to the device that requires authentication. If you click on it, the authentication code will be copied automatically. Here is how it should look:

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Thank you Marija for your help. This is what I see when I hover over the warning/triangle:

Could you please confirm that your RUT241 is operating on the latest RUT2M_R_00.07.07.3 firmware version? If it is, please try unregistering and registering it again on RMS. If no, please upgrade it and let me know if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

The router was running the latest version. I unregistered then registered and now everything works. At first the RMS portal was reporting that the device is temporarily blocked but after a while it went online and I can now see that my 10-year RMS remote management pack is also active. What I don’t understand is why I didn’t need an Authentication Code at any point during the registration process? Thanks a lot Marija!

Hello,

I’m glad to hear the problem is solved!

Regarding the authentication code, it is used when your device is already registered to a different RMS account or company. If you are registering your device for the first time on RMS or have unregistered the device from another account, it should not ask you to enter an authentication code. I hope this clarifies things!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.