RUT240 IVP6 Configuration

Hello,

Im using a RUT240 as a main modem for my home internet. I have the ability to enable IPV6 on my WAN connection. Is there instructions on how to enable this? Setting up an IPV4 connection for my WAN works fine but IPV6 doesn’t work.

Do I need to bridge etc? Thanks.

Hello,

If your RUT240 is running the latest firmware, IPv6 on mobile interface should be enabled by default. To make sure that it is, navigate to Network → WAN → edit the mob1s1a1 interface, and make sure PDP type is set to either IPv4/IPv6 (dual stack) or IPv6-only.
If it already is configured this way, then most likely you carrier is not providing an IPv6 address and it would be worth contacting them.
Also, to make sure the IPv6 addresses are distributed in LAN, navigate to Network → LAN → edit the LAN zone, and in the IPv6 section of DHCP configuration make sure RA service and DHCPv6 are enabled in Server mode.

Best regards,

I’m not using a sim card though.

Is IPV6 only avaliable through mobile?

Thanks!!!

Hello,

Apologies for a misunderstanding.
In that case, only the second part of my answer applies (enabling RA and DHCPv6 on LAN), as the WAN6 interface should automatically obtain an IPv6 address.

Hi,

I beleive I’ve enabled the settings but still no go:

I dont seem to be issed a IPV6 gateway from the RUT240?

Hello,

Could you attach a screenshot while hovering over the image symbol on the wan6 interface and only blur the middle part of the address, while leaving the first part and the prefix unhidden. It could look like this:

Best regards,

Sure!

Hello,

If you don’t have a lot of configuration saved on your RUT240, would you mind resetting it to the factory defaults and checking if the behavior is still the same?
If it is the same, could you post the same screenshot but for the LAN interface? And could you clarify if the behavior is the same on other devices as well?

Best regards,

I’ve multiple factory resets many times already and tweaked different settings…

What screen do you need a screen shot of?

Hello,

I would like to check your LAN interface and if it gets IPv6 prefixes delegated properly, so if possible, please post a screenshot like this:

By navigating to Network → LAN. Thank you.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.