RUT240 firmware upgrade error

Trying to update the latest firmware from this page:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

Also, please tell me how to confirm hardware version of my router on both current version (if I fail to upgrade firmware) and the newest one. Thanks.

Hello,

There is a possibility that your device may be too old to support the latest firmwares starting from RUT2_R_00.07.0. As a first step, I recommend updating your RUT240 to the latest legacy firmware, which is RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.7, and see how it goes. You can download it from the same link you provided.

Additionally, please log in to your router’s SSH via CLI and execute the commands mnf_info -s and mnf_info -m. Check the output to ensure that it shows the correct serial number (but please refrain from sharing it here, as this information is sensitive to post it on the internet). Sometimes firmware update issues can occur due to lost router parameters.

Best Regards,

So what if it doesn’t show the correct serial number? Is there a fix for that?

Please also provide instructions on how to use SSH, I’m not that fluent with it…

The web interface shows some serial number. Is that not enough to conclude that parameters aren’t lost ?

Thanks

I was able to upgrade to RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.7. Thank you.

The Status - Device page reads:

Product code RUT24007XXXX
Batch number 0099
Hardware revision 0010

Not sure what those XXXX mean. The unit has a US plug. Is this the Global version with US PSU, version RUT24007U000 ?

Hello,

If you were able to upgrade your RUT240, it indicates that all router parameters, such as the serial number, are intact. Loss of parameters would typically display as ‘00000000000’ in WebUI and SSH, or will not display anything at all.

Regarding the product code, you’re correct; You have a RUT240 Global version standard package with a US PSU. For a detailed list of product codes and their specifications, you can refer to our website’s ‘Ordering’ section here.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or require additional assistance!

Best Regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.