RUT240 Blinking LEDs - Does not boot - Can't enter Bootloader menu

Hi!

I have a RUT240 4G router which I have bought at 12/05(May)/2021 and it worked fine until the first week of this November (2023).

It suddenly lost the connection and upon inspection, the router LED lights were blinking constantly.
Power cycling did not resolve the issue, still just blinking LEDs.
Tried factory resetting, but this did not seem to do or change anything either.

So I found the wiki page regarding recovery (RUT240 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki) and followed the instructions.

I was able to then access both the Bootloader upgrade URL (192.168.1.1/uboot.html) and the Firmware upgrade URL (192.168.1.1/index.html).

I couldn’t find any Bootloader files on the site, so I just downloaded the Latest FW file (RUT2_R_00.07.05.4_WEBUI.bin) to flash the router, but the Firmware upgrade page would return the error: “Error: Incorrect checksum.”

So I downloaded the Mass production FW (also RUT2_R_00.07.05.4_WEBUI.bin), but got the same error.

Finally, I downloaded the Latest FW (legacy)* file (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.7_WEBUI.bin) which was accepted by the Firmware upgrade page, with a message that the upgrade has started and that the page can be closed.

I waited for the procedure to finish, the LED lights did light up differently this time, indicating that something is indeed being done.

After that, the router is doing the same thing, but it seems to have gotten even worse, as I can’t even enter the Firmware or Bootloader URLs anymore, actually the router isn’t even establishing a LAN connection anymore. It tries to for a split second but then drops it again and returns to the blinking LEDs.

Is there something else that can be done to repair the router? What is the reason behind this behavior? Nothing happened to the router, like an interrupted update etc. it just started doing this out of the blue one day.

Also the store from which I’ve bought it has apparently closed, so it is not possible to contact them anymore.

Cheers,
August

1 Like

Hey I’m having a very similar problem, with a RUT240. It is brand new and I can’t establish a connection at all to the GUI via ethernet. The LEDs just keep blinking and then it reboots and does the cycle over and over. I can never get a LAN connection. Seems basically DOA.

1 Like

Hello August
That sounds like a frustrating situation with your router. It’s odd that the issue started out of the blue
It is quite hard to imagine the case with you’re particular router,
What I would suggest do is try to bootloader the device,

Since the device you are using is quite old, It would be suggested to do bootloader with legacy firmware first

But as mentioned it did not work for youre case, are you sure you have followed the bootloading process step by step
It’s strange that the firmware upgrade didn’t work as expected. This could be indicative of a deeper issue, We want to look into this issue more closely. The best way to do that is to contact your reseller or sales manager. They can give you a direct way to communicate with us and help us solve the problem. If you don’t have a reseller or a sales manager, please use this form to contact us: Teltonika Networks - LTE Routers, Gateways & Modems for IoT 2

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.