RUT 950 RMS Communication- SSL failure

Hello everyone,

We are using a RUT 950 in a PV system in Kenya. I first tested the router in our office in Germany with a German SIM card. Communication with the RMS was possible without any problems. After commissioning in Kenya with the SIM of a local provider, the router could not connect to the RMS, even after an update to RUT9_R_00.07.06.10. Could this be due to the mobile phone provider?

Hello,

Likely, the device I sent is not supported for African countries. Different regions use different band modulations and bands in general. A router that works in Germany will most likely not work in Africa.

If you sent a router for the correct region, it still might be experiencing mobile connection issues. Does the device have a mobile connection, or does it have it but just does not connect to RMS?

Best regards,
Marijus

Hello Marijus,

I checked beforehand whether the router supports the LTE bands used in Kena. The internet connection also works well and the bandwidth is sufficient. Only the connection with the RMS does not work.

Hello,

Are your RMS settings set correctly? What is your RMS Connection State? Could you send a screenshot of the Services → Cloud Solutions → RMS page with the serial and MAC blurred?

Example:

Best regards,
Marijus

Hello Marijus,

here is the sceen shot

Hi,

Firstly, please try changing the hostname to rms.teltonika-networks.com as rms.teltonika.lt is outdated. If this doesn’t work, we’ll need to investigate further.

Best regards,

Hello Marijus,

Today a colleague was at the router and changed the settings. The communication between the router and the RSM is still not working.