RUT 240 - All LEDs are blinking

Hi,

I am trying to set up a RUT 240, but I am unable to connect to the WebUI and I cannot understand why since I have done it before. But with this particular unit, it doesnt work and i dont know why. What I noticed: Once it has booted, ALL LEDs are blinking, roughly once a second. All LEDs means: Connection Status LEDs, Signal Strength LEDs and both Ethernet Port LEDs. These are blinking in the same rythm. What does that mean?

This Link is known, but doesnt help: RUT240 LEDs - Teltonika Networks Wiki

In Advance, thank you!

Hello,

Could you please confirm whether you have attempted to perform a factory reset? If not, I recommend trying this step and letting me know the outcome.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Thanks for your help. I actually did two factory resets. First, I did it with the 2 x 10 Seconds Method I read somewhere here. As a result, the LEDs were blinking quite confusing. Mostly, it was the Connections Status LEDs and the Signal Strength LEDs, of both categories all LEDs, blinking alternating. So at one point, it was all the Signal Strength LEDs, while the Connections Status LEDs were off. And vice versa. And doing all this in a changing rhythm without any recognizable pattern. And once in a while, all LEDs were on (incl. Port LEDs) just to get back to the alternating blinking with inconsistent rhythm.
So, I did another factory reset, using the method from your link. And now I am back where I startet. All LEDs blinking simultaneously and in a constant manner.

Hello,

Thank you for confirming that you have tried a factory reset. In addition to this, there’s also a special router state used as a recovery tool called the Bootloader menu, in case the router becomes inaccessible even after a factory reset. I recommend performing it to see if anything changes and if you will be able to access your RUT240 again. Please keep me updated.

Best Regards,

Hello Marija, thanks for that Idea. I will update the firmware as described and get back to you. How important is updating the bootloader itself? Do you recommend doing so? And in which order should it be done?

As mentioned before, the Bootloader menu is used to recover the device when it is completely unreachable and a factory reset hasn’t resolved the issue. If the factory reset doesn’t work, the Bootloader menu typically helps in these situations. I definitely recommend trying it out. To complete it correctly, please follow all the steps from the provided wiki page.

Please proceed with accessing the Bootloader menu and let me know if it helps!

Best Regards,

Thanks for clarifying it. I cannot access the bootloader menu, but I am not fully sure about the instruction. It says ALL Leds should light up. Should they remain light or should they start blinking? With my device, they start blinking almost immediately. And as long as i push the reset button after powering it, the middle connection status led remains dark until I release the reset button.