Remote access to RUT240 from outside

Hi, I’m using a RUT240 (f/w 00.07.06.10). It is working quite well for surfing on Internet.
However, I would like to establish a remote access to the router in my camper from home in order to monitor a camera etc.
Is there an easy and safe way to do that?

Hello,

There are multiple options for achieving this, but the most viable ones include having a static IP for your router (usually obtained from your internet provider for a cost) or using a VPN. However, most VPNs require the server end to have a static IP, although some exceptions like Zerotier and Tailscale do not require this. On the rut240, only Zerotier is viable as it does not support Tailscale.

Additionally, you could acquire an app-controlled camera, eliminating the need for any other configuration. This would be the easiest and most beginner-friendly option.

Best regards,

Hello,
I have choosen the easiest solution, an app-controlled camera Tapo C200. It works fine. Many thanks for your support.
Best regards,
Jan Källse

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi,

I’m glad you found a solution for your issue. If you encounter any other problems with Teltonika products, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,