Read data from Modbus via RUT956 API

Hello, I have device connected to a RUT956 via RS485 Modbus pins. I want to read the device data through RUT956 API, can advice on how to set up the RUT956 for this to work? I have tried to follow the steps from wiki but can’t seem to get it working.

Thank you.

Hello,

How are you accessing the API? Could you please provide the full API request you are using so that I can check for any issues?

Best regards,

Hello,

Currently I am not able to read data from the device connected via Modbus to RUT956. Can you kindly advice how should we set up the RUT956 to read the data from the device?

And also if reading the sensor data via API is workable? Because we didn’t see any related endpoint to read sensor data from the API documentation.

Thank you.

Hello,

Since you haven’t been able to read the data at all, I recommend trying a simpler method first: reading Modbus data through the WebUI.

If your endpoint device is correctly connected to the RUT956, you should be able to read its data easily. Here is a quick .gif showing how to test reading data on Modbus RTU:

2024-06-06

As for reading sensor data via API, it depends on the communication protocol used by the sensor.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.