No communication between RUT230 and RUT950

Hello. I have this problem. I have two networks, one PLC + RUT230 goes to the network via WAN Mobile with static IP. The second PLC + RUT950 also with wan mobile and static IP.
In both RUTs I have configured port 502 forwarding. But the controller from one network cannot access the other. Even if the computer sits in one of the networks, it can’t see the other one either.
Taking into account that from other networks with dynamic IP (or even phone) can reach each of the RUT or PLC.
What am I not setting up that I can’t get communication?

The first screenshot is port forwarding on RUT230.

Second screenshot is port forwarding on RUT950

The third screenshot is what the network I want to configure looks like.

Hello,

Is there any reason to use older Firmware?
I strongly recommend you to upgrade the Firmware.
It can be done from the WebUI, System->Firmware. Please click “Keep Settings” while upgrading so that you won’t lose your current settings.

You didn’t mention about VPN and the interface between both routers, can you ping RUT230 from the RUT950?

If you cant ping the routers from each other , I recommend you to configure a VPN tunnel between them.

Our devices are compatible with many different VPN services.
You can check them from this link.

If you can ping routers from each other you can ignore this step.

You also need to allow remote access for the routers in order to make them reachable from the WAN.
It can be done via, System->Administration->Access Control.

Please let me know about the results!

Regards,
Caner

Yeah. The modems don’t ping each other. Is it really necessary to use VPN if I have static IP on them?

Yeah!

Public Static IP means the IP address never changes and is tied to a single user, device, server or website.

I recommend you to check our web-site to learn about the IP addresses. It can be reached via this link.

You need to make both routers pingable from each other for this topology to work. You should connect two routers via LAN cable or you need to create a VPN tunnel between them.

Regards,
Caner

Yeah, I understand something about a static IP. It’s just that, how can I access RUT230 and RUT950 from my office, from my phone, without VPN? And for communication between RUT230 and RUT950 need vpn?

Thank you for your advice and quick answers!

In order to access the devices, you need to have Public Static IP or you need to establish a VPN tunnel between the devices.

I recommend going for VPN. As it is the easiest and the costless solution for your case!

Please let me know if there anything else I can help you with!

Regards,
Caner

So I already have a static public IP. I can access them from the network with a regular, dynamic IP.

Sorry I think I missunderstood you somewhere!

If you have public static IP for your routers, please check your custom APN configurations if everything seems all ok and please also make sure routers are allowing the remote accesses.

You also need to allow remote access for the routers in order to make them reachable from the WAN.
It can be done via, System->Administration->Access Control.

Regards,
Caner

Yes. I can remotely connect to both routers. But I cannot connect from the network of one router RUT230 to the other router RUT950. And vice versa

In light of those informations, I suggest you to check port forwarding configurations.

Please make sure, you configured the port forwards with the correct public static IP’s.
And please also make sure you allowed the traffic from LAN to WAN zone. As you’re trying to connect a device which is on WAN from the LAN zone.

You can refer this link

Regards,
Caner

My port forwarding looks like this

I created this rule for the test

I connect to the console to RUT230, try to ping another RUT950 and nothing. Although the sites are pinging.
RUT950 has the same port forwarding, but there is no Lan-wan rule.

Hello,

From the first picture it can be seen that you’re configured a port forwarding rule for IP:192.168.1.115,which is private IP.
You need to put your Public Static IP here.

Please let me know about the result!

Regards,
Caner

In the second picture, I have to specify my static ip on the WAN?

Hello,

Yeah.

Router should port forward to other router’s Static IP, not LAN IP.

Regards,
Caner

The first screenshot shows how to reach the controller from the WAN. Is it necessary to specify the opposite so that the controller goes to the WAN?

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.