Need Help with RMS License Renewal for Rut50x as an Individual

Hi everyone,

I have a Rut50x and my trial license has expired. I am looking to continue using RMS, but all the information I find seems to be targeted towards business purchases. Since I am an individual, not a company, I’m not sure how to proceed. Could anyone guide me on how to renew or purchase a license for personal use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello,

You can attempt to purchase RMS credits and RMS data from this website: https://instantbuyrms.com/. For the company name, you can use any name; it should allow you to complete the purchase within seconds.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hello,

I need a VAL number for this. But I don’t have any.
Why do I need credits and a license? Is the structure of these fees explained somewhere? As I said, I only need it for a RUTX50 for private use

You don’t need a VAT number to make a purchase; as stated on that website, it is optional.

Regarding RMS Credits and RMS Data, I suggest you check out this video here, where it explains how RMS Credits and RMS Data are used.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,

1 Like

I have now purchased a license and added it with the code too. What is the next step?

When you receive the code, you need to activate it. In RMS, navigate to the top right corner and click on your email. Then, select ‘Activate code’, enter the code, and click ‘Activate’.

After completing these steps, you should be able to monitor and manage your device via RMS as you did before.

Please let me know if it worked.

Best Regards,

1 Like

yes, it works. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I can confirm that instantbuyrms.com indeed requires the EU VAT number even though it’s marked as optional in the checkout form.
It’s clearly a bug.
Creative workarounds do work but it would be nice to have the buying process simplified for private persons. Many of the sales partners do not sell to individuals and some don’t really know how to deal with the credits.