Necessary Ports/IP Addresses for VPN Hub & RMS Management

Hello,
we have installed an RUT241 in a customer’s network to access some devices remotely. Now, the customer’s IT department is very strict and does not want to open more ports/IP addresses than necessary. Can you give me a detailed list of which ports/IP addresses need to be opened by IT to use the RMS Management and the VPN Hub (OpenVPN)?
Thank you very much.

Hi,

Here is a detailed wiki article containing the information you require: What IP addresses and ports are used by RMS?

Best regards,

Thank you very much. I have sent the list to the client’s IT department. What is meant by the random UDP port? Can the IT department choose a port, or do I need to connect the router first and then pass on the port that the router uses to the IT department?

Hey,

When you connect to VPN Hub, a random UDP port is assigned to your connection. This port cannot be chosen manually. The only way to find out which port is being used is to establish the connection first and then check the assigned port. Alternatively, you can open all ports within a specific range to ensure connectivity.

Best regards,

Thank you for the fast reply.
The topic can be closed now.

Hi,

If you encounter any similar issues, feel free to reach out again.

Best regards,