Modem update server

Hi
This is the answer I received regarding the server address that needs to be opened in the firewall to update the modem.
I wanted to know if there are other addresses? Because according to my test, the router does not always go to this address

Hello,

The device uses hostname rut.teltonika.lt for checking the updates. Port 5000 is used to initiate a connection with the FOTA server and check if update for the modem or the firmware is available.
Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hello,

As you can see from the image attached below, the hostname and port used are determined in the /etc/config/rut_fota file and should not change.

2024-04-09-10-45-01-192.168.1.1

Kind regards,

Marijus

Hi, after a check by our network guy… this is the address the router accesses to update the modem… it’s not the address you sent…

Hello,

Could you please provide the output of the following command:

cat /etc/config/rut_fota

Also, do you happen to be using RMS with this device or/and the RMS Hub service?

Kind regards,
Marijus

I would guess that the server that provides information about the available firmwares is rut.teltonika.lt and all the actual firmware files are hosted on AWS buckets as you can clearly see from your screenshot. So in order to download the firmwares you would need to open a lot of AWS addresses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.