L2TP over IPSEC PC problem

Hello,

I’m trying to configure L2TP over IPSEC VPN so that I could reach my network remotely. I have configured everything as mentioned in this guide: L2TP over IPsec PC - Teltonika Networks Wiki
Prepared everything on both sides (PC and RUT). When I try to connect I get “The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer.”
I checked logs on Teltonika and I see this error:

daemon.info ipsec: 05[IKE] no IKE config found for X.X.X.X…X.X.X.X, sending NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN

Not sure if it may be related to my problem, but… maybe someone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Hello,

Please try configuring IPSEC over L2TP according to the instructions provided here: L2TP/IPSEC VPN Windows connection problems - #5 by kchrosto .

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Hello,
Thanks for sharing. I think that something is still missing in those instructions, because once I try to connect - correct certificate is not used from client side.

Hello,

I tested these instructions a few days ago, and they worked for me. Could you please specify at which step something goes wrong so I can assist you further?

Best Regards,