IP-address change via SMS for RUT240

Dear all,

I have to change the IP address of a RUT240 (no remote access, RMS or otherwise) via SMS commands from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.254. I tried

“PASSWD uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.0.254”
“PASSWD uci commit”
“PASSWD luci-reload”

but with no effect. Also, the “uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.0.254” command did not trigger any confirmation SMS as was the case when I successfully changed the ping_reboot settings via SMS. Any suggestions how the IP change can be properly performed by SMS commands?

Best regards

Hello,

Thanks for reaching us.

I tested it from my end and it works perfectly.

Could you please try the following commands and report back?

1- Chaning the LAN IP via UCI commands:
uci set network.lan.ipaddr=‘new_ip_address’

2- Then we need to commit the changes:
uci commit network

3- Then we need to apply the changes by restarting the network:
/etc/init.d/network restart

Thanks

Hello,

thanks for your reply. I’m a little confused now: I thought

/etc/init.d/network restart

was for restarting services when logged onto the router via ssh, while

“PASSWD luci-reload”

was the corresponding command for restarting services via SMS, as in my case. Did I get it wrong? Either way, I now also tried SMS with

“PASSWD uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.0.254”
“PASSWD uci commit network”
“PASSWD /etc/init.d/network restart”

but that didn’t work either. Any ideas? I don’t have remote access to the router, and it’s half a day’s drive to its location, so it would be higly appreciated if I could resolve that by SMS commands.

Best

Hello @invecco,

The latest firmware is not using luci-reload command anymore it is now using reload_config.

Please try executing “PASSWD reload_config” instead of /etc/init.d/network restart since you are using SMS command. If it still doesn’t work you need to execute the “PASSWD reboot” command via SMS.

I hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome

Hello Jerome,

thanks for your hint about reload_config with newer firmware, I’ll keep that in mind. In the present case, though, the RUT240 still operates with older firmware (system.system.device_fw_version=RUT2XX_R_00.01.02.3). The procedure I described initially (uci set / uci commit / luci-reload) did indeed work for changing ping_reboot and DHCP settings. In those cases, the uci set command was confirmed with an SMS like “Replaced existing value ping_reboot.cfg01c21d.enable=1”. No such confirmation SMS was sent when attempting to change values in the network config. I tried the same with other RUT240 (also with firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.XX.X), with the same result: Changing ping_reboot or DHCP config via SMS commands works like a charm, but changing the network config (e.g. IP address, netmask) does not, and not confirmation SMS are sent. Am I missing something special about the network config?

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.