Internet Access via Campground WiFi with RUTX50 V. 7.06.6

I try to get Internet Access via the campground WiFi. There is no Landing Page and the travelmat Package is installed. Access to the wifi is established but I do Not get Access to the Internet.

Hello,

Right now with this limited information is a bit hard to understand issue you are having. Could you please elaborate on the specific steps where you encounter difficulties while attempting to connect to the campground WiFi? Also, are you able to access WiFi through your phone?

Additionally, does your router successfully establish an internet connection on its own? To verify this, please follow these steps:

1. Connect to the campground WiFi.
  2. Navigate to the “System” tab, then select “Maintenance,” and finally click on “CLI.”
  3. Login using the username “root” and your device’s password.
  4. Execute the command “ping 8.8.8.8”.
  5. Capture a screenshot or copy the output for further investigation.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hallo Marijus.

I‘m able to establish a WiFi Connection to the Campground WiFi. I get an IP Adresse. Bit I didnˋt get access to the internet. With my iPhone I get Internet Access to the open campground WiFi.

Enclosed you will find the screen Shot you ordered

R Martin

I found this article a few months ago, that explains the setup steps need. I didn’t get around to setting this up yet myself. But its recommended to create profiles and use a profile for your standard configuration and a second profile for the above. then its a lot easier to switch between the standard configuration and the one for connecting to the campsite wifi.

Regards Padraic.

Hello,

It’s still difficult to understand what might be wrong. Could you please provide screenshots of your wireless connection to the camp Wi-Fi settings and WAN settings as well (Network → WAN)? Also, please execute command ping 8.8.8.8 when connected via CLI, it seems you forgot to do it.

Best regards,

Marijus

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.