HCSQ messages spamming command interface

Hi
On RUT-956 de default seems to be that the modem interface is reporting network/signal via HCSQ messages. That is not a standard way and seems to confuse some software which only expects data from the command interface when the modem is specifically queried about something (for example AT^HCSQ? if it want’s to know this info). And sometimes the command interface even seems totally unresponsive, only new HCSQ messages keep coming and I think these messages are the cause of that too. How can I stop this automatic reporting?

Kind regards
David

Hello,

If you wish to stop the outputs, you can enter the AT^CURC=0 command. This command will stop the messages from the device for a while until you restart it, giving you a break from the constant stream of responses.

Please inform me if you require assistance with anything else.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hi!
That seems to do the trick :slight_smile:
I guess these messages are for the routers own monitoring of the modem chip? So this CURC=0 command should probably be used together with the “full control” mode as the router will not see them anymore either? Wouldn’t it be better if the router filtered them out from being reported all the way to the command interface presented to other devices on the serial port? And partial control mode would probably still work fine too then…

Kind regards
David

Hello,

I’m glad to hear that the CURC=0 command resolved the issue with the automatic reporting.

You’re correct that the HCSQ messages serve the purpose of providing essential information about signal strength, RSRP, RSRQ, and RSSI values, which are crucial for monitoring the modem chip’s performance.

Regarding your question about using CURC=0 with different control modes, it’s important to note that the command temporarily stops the automatic reporting regardless of the router’s control mode. While filtering out these messages entirely might seem like a solution, it’s worth considering the importance of retaining visibility into modem chip performance for diagnostic purposes.

Instead of fully filtering out the messages, you might explore using a partial control mode, which allows the router to maintain awareness of modem chip performance while minimizing the impact on external interfaces. This approach strikes a balance between retaining diagnostic information and reducing potential compatibility issues with certain software applications.

I hope this helps clarify the situation. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.