Dualcam video upload blocks out FMC125 comms

Hello forum,

Is there anyone out there who use Dualcams with RELIABLE success? I still haven’t found anyone who can tell me with conviction that this is a good solution for video telematics.

We’ve made some progress with FMC125 / Dualcam combos but the results are nowhere near reliable. The issue we currently face is that when I request a video upload from the device (even just 5 seconds long) it may block the unit to send up any photos for hours on end, for as long as the requested video fails to send due to whatever reason, possibly 4G network which is not the best. Now it also seems like all SMS commands and GPRS commands we send to the FMC125 takes no effect, while an attempted video upload is in progress.

Is there anyone who could give a bit more info on the priorities of video uploads over FOTA checkins and SMS commands being processed while its trying to upload video? Its been several hours now and while the tracker keeps updating its position and other avl data, no sms or gprs commands take effect, and it no longer checks into FOTA to download a new configuration.

Probably shouting in the wind here, but a short wish list items for Dualcams:

1. Ability to set video resolution. We have trackers battling to upload short videos because of network quality, if we were able to set video resolution like that of photos, problem could be solved. Since you removed 3G capability on your trackers, Dualcams are rendered useless outside of any major city in Africa.

2. Ability to set video upload behaviour based on local, roaming and unknown network states.

3. Ability to reset a tracker with phone call from authorised number. We are seeing increasing numbers of FMC125 just freezing out - responding to phone calls, but not sending any data or checking into FOTA.

Hi,

Good day, Thank you for contacting Teltonika Telematics!

You can try reducing the frame rate bit to 20 FPS if you are getting problem with 30 FPS. It will allow device to upload video data to server quickly. You can also set files sending priority to Video.

Please use the below link to check the timing required by the device to upload image and video to the server.

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Camera_Manual#DualCam_data_transfer_timing

Regards,

Ashutosh S.

Thanks for your response. Frame rate already at lowest, and photo compression set to 70%. I’m convinced there is an issue with latest firmware (03.27.13.Rev.663) since we have now 5 units from our latest batch of FMC125’s that just stop logging for no reason, with or without Dualcams installed. I know the units have signal because they respond to phone calls and have data available, but they just don’t respond until they are power cycled (unplugged and battery removed.)

Where can I send raw logs of these failing units?

Hi,

Good day, Thank you for contacting Teltonika Telematics!

If you want to report any issue with the device. Kindly raise a Helpdesk ticket from your Helpdesk account. If you dont have the account. Kindly contact your Sales Manger for the same or please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the “Contact Us” button. When you click, please fill out the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose “Vehicle telematics”. Or you can send an e-mail with a description of your situation to us: Teltonika - IoT, Internet of Things

Regards,

Ashutosh S.

Information and logs sent.

For the benefit of anyone else that may be having the same issue, here is the description of out problem:

We have been trying out your Dualcam with FMC125 trackers, and have gone so far to install a few sets for clients to try out before we roll them out to our clients’ fleets. But we have had a specific issue with the FMC125’s now on the latest batch we bought, and running firmware 03.27.13 Rev:663. We seem to have serious issues when the trackers move from 4G area to 2G. It seems like the trackers hang to some extent: they do not upload their AVL packets, they do not check into FOTA, they do not respond to any SMS or GPRS commands. The only response I get is when I call them, then they hang up and SMS the current location, as I program them to do.

I’ve now had this happen with three separate units. I can confirm they all had data on their SIMs. I can confirm they had the correct power supply. And I suspect there is an issue with your firmware because in all cases, a hard power cycle got them back immediately, logging gps data like normal. But in all cases, after doing a hard power cycle and they come back to life, the gps location data for the period during the hang is not there.

EDIT: Same problem appearing with the previous firmware version 03.27.13 Rev:662.