DUALCAM x FMC125 woes

Referring back to this thread, which was closed. Dualcam video upload blocks out FMC125 comms - #3 by heinburgh

We’ve been banging our heads against a wall trying to get Dualcams to work reliably with FMC125’s and if this could help anyone out there, I’d be happy to save you the headaches and mysteries that got us this far.

FMC125’s hang when connected to a Dualcam and they have video in the queue and they enter into an area with questionable signal. They don’t go offline, they HANG. They respond to phone calls and even return the current location by SMS, but that’s it. Doesn’t respond to any SMS commands, and doesn’t send any AVL packets. DEAD with no way to get them out of their stupor part from a hard reset - unplug and disconnect internal battery. We’ve been through this a number of times now - with firmware v662, v663 and recently also v664 which was supposedly sent to fix the issue but did not.

Not being able to wait for an eventual fix, not knowing how many months this may take, we’ve taken a clumsy and costly workaround by connecting a second FMC125 into the mix. One FMC125 is connected to the dualcam, with battery removed, and gets its VDC- from the main FMC125’s DOUT. This way we can manually reset the unit connected to the dualcam manually whenever it hangs. A cheaper alternative would be to hook up a time delay switch which just hard resets the FMC125 with Dualcam once an hour or so to make sure there’s no hanging.

Hope this can help anyone else trying to get Dualcam and FMC125 working reliably. We’re holding thumbs the guys at Teltonika can sort this out.

Hi Heinburgh,

We are sorry to hear that to have proper support you need to contact the Teltonika local team from your region, please contact your sales manager or create an HD ticket.

If you don’t have any contact with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the “Contact Us” button. When you click, please fill out the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose “Vehicle telematics”. Or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to us: Teltonika - IoT, Internet of Things When contacting Us, please provide: IMEI/Logs/Configuration file/Intenational GSM number/Firmware version/ect, please follow these recommendations: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Recommendations_for_filling_a_query_description

Regards
Maynard C.

Maynard, we’ve gone thorough all the channels you mention and your software engineers admitted that there is a fault in the current firmware. They required additional logs from me which I have been and remain unable to provide due to distances and logistics involved. It seems like this problem has since been put on the backburn for my failure to supply more logs, and I now feel that we have to spend time and resources to do Teltonika’s R&D for them. I supplied dumps from one of these trackers with the exact time the hang occurred, apparently this was not enough. And the problem persists.

For anyone who may be interested, when using a Teltonika Dualcam with FMC125 (latest firmware on both) and your network drops from 4G down to 2G with poor signal, it brings the FMC125 into a dead spin which it can only recover from through a physical hard power cycle. This is NOT A RECOMMENDED VIDEO TELEMETRY SOLUTION for commercial use, unless your trackers only move in areas with constant 4G networks or if Teltonika decide to fix the fault. The problem is most definitely linked to the Dualcams since we do not see our other trackers hanging when using FMC125’s without Dualcams.

We will be dropping these units in favour of a system that works reliably. Very, very disappointed, as this could be fixed through firmware in a very short period, but we’ve been battling with this issue for around 5 months now. Our first attempts to get anything from your technicians ended in null. This last effort too by the looks of things.