Continuation Modbus 4GB problem

@Marijus
Too bad topics get closed while the problem isn’t fixed yet, So this is a continuation of:

While I was on location I installed this new firmware RUT9_T_F17392_00.07.06.32_WEBUI.bin. Seemed to work but didn’t solve any of the problems:

• minor: still no date on usage graphs
  • bummer: modbus usage stats reset at 4GB

But what is really terrible is that ZeroTier doesn’t work anymore. And I only could discover that from remote. So now the location isn’t reachable anymore.
Pls fix asap.

Hello,

I’ve relayed your feedback to the R&D department and will try to reach you as soon as possible. For now, please use the official firmware.

Best regards,

Hi,

Could you provide troubleshoot file from the test firmware version for further investigation? Since it contains private information, we’ll handle it on a separate platform. Instructions for accessing it have been sent to the email you registered for this forum.

Additionally, have you changed the data type with the gotten firmware? And in this test firmware packages are not installed automatically, you need to do it yourself. I will provide files to you.

Best regards,

Well, that will not be possible anymore: in your previous response you advised me to go back to the official firmware, which I did. Besides that the router is at a remote location, it needs to function, and not be a test-box for R&D.
But what I did discover (besides that the two problems were not fixed) is that the package-manager didn’t work at all anymore. After reverting back to RUT9_R_00.07.06.10 the package-manager does work again and also the installed package for ZeroTier. Obviously I will never install experemental firmware again.

Hello,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. The fixes will be included in the new firmware available for the rut950 when it comes out.

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.