Connect two RUT951 together

I have two RUT951 routers. For simplicity i will call them router A, and router B.
Router A is only connected to “PC-A” via en ethernet cable.
Router B is only connected to “PC-B” via an ethernet cable.
I want to access “PC-A” form “PC-B” by connecting the routers together wirelessly.

I configured the routers to work as a mesh network and yeah it worked. Now router A and router B are connected together wirelessly and therefore i managed to access PC-A from PC-B.

The question is how can I increase the link budget between the routers in order to be able to move router A farther away from router B.
Are there other configurations that i could use to obtain a larger link distance?

Hi,

The maximum distance is determined by the reach of Wi-Fi, and you can extend it by using antennas with a higher dBi count, although this has its limitations.

To better assist you, could you clarify your end goal and the distance you want your routers to cover? If both routers are connected to the internet, there are more options to address this issue. For instance, you can explore the use of a VPN.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi again.
Okay maybe my question was not that clear. I will try to clarify here.
In mesh mode, router A and Router B are connected through a backhaul. The backhaul is not necessary the same 2.4 GHz wifi. My question is more about the backhaul specifications in the mesh mode in RUT951. What is the backhaul conducted power (the power of the RF signal before the antennas) in dBm and which frequencies does it utilized?
Another solution is to configure the Router B as a client to Router A. In this case we know that the communication between Router A and Router B will be on the 2.4 GHz wifi network which I assume to have 15 dBm conducted power + 5 dBi included antennas = 20 dBm e.i.r.p which is the maximum rf power allowed in Europe on 2.4 Ghz. And if you can provide me with the receiving sensitivity of the RUT951 I can do some FSPL calculation to estimate the connection range in order to choose the correct antennas.

Hello,

Mesh Wi-Fi networks enhance communication between nodes by employing techniques such as dynamic channel selection, load balancing, and device steering to connect to the most suitable frequency band. However, they still function within the standard Wi-Fi frequencies commonly used in traditional networks.

Regarding the dBm range and Max transmit power, you are correct. You can find the source for this information at RUT951 Safety Information - Teltonika Networks Wiki. However,for details about the receiving sensitivity for this device asking internally will be needed. I will provide this information as soon as I receive a response from the R&D team.

Best regards,

Marijus

Hi,

I managed to find these statistics(2.4GHz):

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.