CLI send sms pdu

Hi,

we updated our TRB140 to the lastest RutOS and now are missing the CLI method to send a SMS in PDU format. We can’t find any belonging entries in the change log.
Why has the method been removed from the CLI?

Best regards,
Frederik

Hello,

• Could you please specify the command you used to send SMS in PDU format?
  • Does this command not work with the TRB1_R_00.07.06.10 firmware but works with previous firmware versions?
  • Are you encountering any errors when attempting to send a message?
  • Is there anything relevant in the logs that might provide insight into the issue?

Best Regards,

Hi,
thank you for your response.

• We are using following command: gsmctl --sms --sendpdu “05916821436511001CD0F3F69C5C66A7ED657959EE1ABFDB0000A715C8340B346D4E896576DA5E9697E5AEF1BB1D02”
  • The previous version we used had been TRB1_R_00.07.01.2, in which the command could be executed successfully
  • We are getting following error message: gsmctl: unrecognized option: sendpdu Unrecognized option!
  • We have not yet looked at the log files, but the error message is meaningful from my point of view.

Thanks,
Frederik

Thank you for providing the information! I’m not entirely sure why this command was removed, but as an alternative, I can suggest using gsmctl -S -s "NUMBER TEXT" command for sending SMS messages.

Also, I would like to know what you are using your TRB140 for. If it doesn’t require a mobile connection, PDU messages can be sent with AT commands.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your feedback. We have found out that the suggested command can send multipart SMS with unicode characters. Nice that this had been implemented, but I’m wondering why changes like these are not listed in the change logs.

Hello,

I’m glad to hear that the suggested command was able to meet your needs. Regarding your question about changes not being listed in the change logs, we appreciate your concern and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We’ll make sure to review our processes to ensure that important updates are properly documented in the future.

If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to let us know!

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 40 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.